Good afternoon everyone!!
Today I wanted to share some more throwback photos with you from our trip to Venice back in 2015. We spent one full day here but it was definitely enough for us!
Venice is definitely captivating. When you walk through the narrow corridors between the buildings you can't help but feel like you are back in time. The amazing art filled churches, the lovely gondolas making their way through the canals, the colorful homes... it's all full of charm and wonder.
We spent a day here at the end of our European trip back in 2015 and it was just the perfect amount of time. Although Venice is a beautiful city, we happened to be there on the hottest day they've had in a long while. The heat combined with the crazy crowds of tourists was a little too much.
If you're planning to visit Venice I highly recommend it! My advice is to plan a trip for no longer then two days. In two days you're able to get a feel of the city and see everything you need to see, but you avoid getting overwhelmed with the traffic jammed alleys and tired of the heat.
I simply cannot wait to visit more charming Italian cities this summer!
Hope everyone is having a lovely week so far. :)
A few weeks ago we had a couple of summer days. Yup 70 degrees. In February. In Chicago. It was hard to believe.. but we decided to take advantage of the lovely weather and go hiking in Starved Rock. It felt like summer and it was so nice to be outdoors exploring. Here are some photos from our day.
Just some thoughts for today...
1. You don't have to travel far to go on an adventure. In fact you don't even have to step onto a plane or in a car.
2. There are beautiful places all around you, the first step is leaving the comfort of your home.
3. The world is only as beautiful as you perceive it. "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein
4. It's always easier to be comfortable, but real adventure begins at the end of your comfort zone.
5. "Jesus is not the Lord of comfort, security and ease. Following Jesus demands a good dose of courage, a readiness to trade in the sofa for a pair of walking shoes and to set out on new and uncharted paths." - Pope Francis
And on that note... Some exciting things are coming up for us! In less then two months we are setting out on the adventure of our lives. We will spend the summer traveling all over Europe and embarking on the Camino de Santiago, a pilgrimage across northern Spain. More about our plans to come!
Have an amazing day!
Led by the Light, captivated by beauty. | Wife, photographer, world traveler, lover of beauty, follower of Christ
"Let Go and Let God"