A few weeks ago we had a couple of summer days. Yup 70 degrees. In February. In Chicago. It was hard to believe.. but we decided to take advantage of the lovely weather and go hiking in Starved Rock. It felt like summer and it was so nice to be outdoors exploring. Here are some photos from our day.
Just some thoughts for today...
1. You don't have to travel far to go on an adventure. In fact you don't even have to step onto a plane or in a car.
2. There are beautiful places all around you, the first step is leaving the comfort of your home.
3. The world is only as beautiful as you perceive it. "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein
4. It's always easier to be comfortable, but real adventure begins at the end of your comfort zone.
5. "Jesus is not the Lord of comfort, security and ease. Following Jesus demands a good dose of courage, a readiness to trade in the sofa for a pair of walking shoes and to set out on new and uncharted paths." - Pope Francis
And on that note... Some exciting things are coming up for us! In less then two months we are setting out on the adventure of our lives. We will spend the summer traveling all over Europe and embarking on the Camino de Santiago, a pilgrimage across northern Spain. More about our plans to come!
Have an amazing day!
Led by the Light, captivated by beauty. | Wife, photographer, world traveler, lover of beauty, follower of Christ
"Let Go and Let God"